Float Europe® (Float Marine Technologies Europe Ltd) provides project development services which include research, design, and development of marine technology products; and specialises in large floating platforms.
Our immediate objective is to publicise the availability of these innovative marine technologies and their multi-purpose applications; and to help understand how to implement and use them properly.
Pneumatically Stabilised Platform
Float Inc. Security Port is composed of the Pneumatically Stabilised Platform & Rho-Cee Wave Energy Converter and Potential Energy Storage capabilities, all on the same offshore floating platform.
The Pneumatically Stabilised Platform (PSP) system permits the design and construction of very large floating platforms of unlimited size. PSPs may be deployed in regions with extreme wave heights and achieve more stability then achieved by any other known technology. Since a PSP is also a breakwater, it will allow the docking of vessels on the leeward side of the PSP which permits the safe transfer of material and people to and from the platform.
The PSP is a patented design concept for very large floating platforms, in which the flotation force is derived from an array of open-bottom cylinders tapping pressurised air that displaces the water.
The PSP is designed to perform with the candidate site environmental specifics and has the adaptability for expansion without interruption of existing PSP platform surface.
- Constructed of pre-stressed and post-tensioned concrete, resulting in reduced costs;
- Modular and monolithic platform;
- Stable with variable deck load capabilities;
- Wave attenuation characteristics resulting in calm water zone leeward (vessel berthing zone);
- Survivability – designed to survive in 100-year storms;
- Extensible – can be extended to accept greater demands – without interruption to existing processes;
- Long life – 70 years or more;
- Equipped with an LNG terminal producing baseload electricity, potable water and regasification;
- Automated container handling equipment capable of variable lifting capacities (one to four containers, simultaneously);
- Eight berths for Ultra Large Container ships (400m length x 59m width – 18,000 TEUs);
- Eight berths for Short Sea Shipping vessels (294m length x 32m width – 4,000 TEUs);
- Four berths for service vessels;
- Transhipments of up to 70 million containers per year – and capacities can be extended;
- 100% container screening/inspection/weighing;
- Decommissioning of Security Port – provides underwater marine life shelters – can be separated into sections which are applicable for multiple marine areas; and
- Wave energy converter system incorporated producing grid quality electricity for use on-board, sale to vessels as well as onshore towns, on-board electricity storage with built-in Potential Energy Storage system.
Franklin Martin, Managing Director of Float Europe®
My natural sense of organisation, communication and coordination, analysis and adaptability; coupled with my keen sense of contact acquired during my numerous work experiences, gives me a solid background which would enable me to invest rapidly and completely.
My logistics, general services, computer and administrative management experiences were obtained principally with the US Army as well as the civilian maritime transport and naval construction environment.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Organisation and control of projects, purchases, and stocks;
- Computer literate;
- Logistics and Management consultant;
- Administrative Director / Managing Director / Office Supervisor;
- S. ARMY – Chief Warrant Officer – Logistics Technician;
- S. ARMY – Sergeant First-Class – Logistics Management;
- S. NAVY Disbursing Clerk Third Class– finance (payroll & invoices) and accounting.
- Ocean energy – wave, wind and tidal (offshore);
- Environmental impact;
- Expected lifetime of project response;
- Cost estimates by parts;
- Personnel requirements;
- Reduction of wasted efforts; and
- Combining systems where possible.